The high-level conference on "Medium-Term Revenue Strategy (MTRS)—Building More Effective Tax Systems”, jointly organised by the IMF, the Austrian Federal Ministry of Finance, and the World Bank were held on 29-30 October 2019 at the Federal Academy of Finance in Vienna, Austria.
The Agenda for the two-day event featured Keynote presentations on:
- An Approach to Effective Tax System Reform;
- Building an Effective Tax System - A Prerequisite for Effective and Sustained Revenue Mobilization and Social and Economic Development.
The conference also included several Panel discussions addressing:
- Transition Ongoing Tax System Reform into an MTRS—The Need for a Well-Articulated MTRS Formulation; and Subsequent Implementation;
- Setting Revenue and Efficiency Goals to meet Expenditure Needs and Social and Economic Development—Building Country Ownership;
- Achieving an Effective Tax System through a Comprehensive Reform Plan - Policy, Administration and Tax Legal Framework;
- Developing Government-led effort to Tax System Reform through Sustained Political Commitment and Whole-of-Government Support and
- Securing and Aligning External Support to Government-led Tax System Reform.